During the period 19.09.2012 – 19.09.2014, AGER,in partnership with Promo-LEX Association will implement the Project “Monitoring justice sector reform for increased Government’s accountability”. The project is funded by the European Union through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights.
The overall objective of this action is to strengthen the capacity of the civil society to perform democratic oversight of the reform processes undertaken in the Republic of Moldova.
The specific objectives of the action are:
1) to develop independent monitoring of the justice sector reform process;
2) to increase the public interest towards and information about the reform process of the justice sector;
3) to provide useful and timely recommendations to the state authorities regarding the implementation of the JSRS;
4) to improve the dialogue between the civil society and officials regarding the reform process of the justice sector;
5) to create a solid platform for continuous oversight activities by the civil society in the justice but also other sectors in the future.
The project will concentrate its efforts in monitoring the implementation of the JSRS throughout the country, having 38 observers contracted particularly for the purpose of monitoring the implementation in the field (trial monitoring component). In Chisinau, experts will also provide input on legislative drafts, adopted laws and regulations, on their conformity with the declared reform objectives and European standards.